"The child blames the external and focuses his energies there, the warrior conquers the realms within and becomes gifted."
- St. Teresa of Avila | THE SERVANT OF UNITY
"May you see what is hidden in you
as a place of hospitality and shadowed shelter,"
- David Whyte | Easter Blessing
"The butterfly counts not months but moments,
and has time enough."
- Rabindranath Tagore | Fireflies
"The water in the stream has changed many
times, but the reflection of the moon and the stars remains the
same . . ."
- Mathnawi VI: 3172-78, 83
"Every day is a fresh beginning
Every morn is the world made new"
- Ralph Waldo Trine
"He dreamed of a wild land
where his mother was once born
and where beasts still roamed,"
- David Karchere | The Other Side of the World
"The joy of Creation rises
through the great heart of humanity,"
- David Karchere | The Joy of Creation
"In total joy,
And in unquenchable celebration
With you, my Lord, my King, my friend."
- David Karchere | My Love Is Long
"Stop the words now.
Open the window in the center of your chest,
and let the spirits fly in and out."
- Rumi | “Where Everything is Music”
"A hundred years from now
Who could you be
Reading my poem curiously
A hundred years from now!"
- Rabindranath Tagore | Aaji Hote Shata Barsha Pare, from Chitra, translated by Fakrul Alam
"Not I, not I, but the wind that blows through me!
A fine wind is blowing the new direction of Time."
- D.H. Lawrence | Song of a Man Who Has Come Through
"With every delighted breath,
she was entering more deeply
into the wildness and wonder
that was her life."
- David Karchere | Into the Forest
"It was cleansing him
through and through,
cooling his thirsty soul
down to the marrow of his bones."
- David Karcher | Waterfall
"If I could lift this long, black veil
from off your exposed heart,
and take from you
that childhood hurt
which you guard like an injured dog
guards a hurt leg,
I would set you free,"
- David Karchere | Lifting the Long, Black Veil
"For now, come night
Not only has he lost all his fear,
Now he goes out
Just looking for trouble."
- Hafiz | Looking for Trouble
"The whole moon and the entire sky
Are reflected in one dewdrop
On the grass."
"The only One I meet
Is God, - the only street,
- Emily Dickinson | The Only News I Know
"If you don’t become the ocean
You’ll be seasick every day."
- Leonard Cohen
"Now let's get down to the real reason
Why we sit together and breathe
And begin the laughing, the divine laughing"
- Hafiz | “Who Wrote All the Music?”
"In caring for others and serving heaven,
There is nothing like using restraint.
Restraint begins with giving up one’s own ideas."
- Lao Tzu | Jane English translation of Tao Te Ching, Chapter Eight
"Vine-leaves tap at the window,
Dew-drops sing to the garden stones,
The robin chirps in the chinaberry tree
Repeating three clear tones."
- Conrad Aiken |Morning Song From "Senlin"
"Like the sailboats drifting out the harbor
on the ebb of the morning tide,
so our lives sail on,
carried by the ebb and flow
of Your solar wind,
O, Great God of Creation."
- David Karchere | On the Tide
"“I am osprey!
King of the air!
And prince of winged flight!
I am home,
And I am free.”"
- David Karchere | Osprey
"The sure, steady footprints of the coming winter
appear among the leaves still burning
with the fire of the summer sun."
- David Karchere | His Footsteps
"I am all orders of being, the circling galaxy,
the evolutionary intelligence, the lift, and the falling away.
What is, and what isn't."
- Rum | “Say I Am You”
"Oh, for the wonder that bubbles into my soul,
I would be a good fountain, a good well-head,
Would blur no whisper, spoil no expression."
- D.H. Lawrence | Song of a Man Who Has Come Through
"I am filled
with a mist
pouring out of my pores
into this space around me,"
- David Karchere | The Holy Ghost Enters
"“Will you open now
To that spirit who you are?
Will you forsake now your hardened ways?
Will you now embrace
With your every cell and gland and tissue,
That power who made you,"
- David Karchere | We Will Open
"thoughts flowing as a river
of dark water down
the mountain of my soul.
I am now alive and strong
and vast like I’ve never known myself to be
in this life."
- David Karchere | Look, It’s Raining!
Because your meadows call
- Hafiz | “I Rain”
"The highest good is like water.
Water gives life to the ten thousand things and does not strive.
It flows in places men reject and so is like the Tao.
No fight; No blame."
- Lao Tzu, Eight | Jane English translation of Tao Te Ching
"It is morning, I stand by the mirror
And surprise my soul once more;
The blue air rushes above my ceiling,
There are suns beneath my floor...."
- Conrad Aiken | Morning Song From "Senlin"
"This feast is for You.
This day, this hour,
this glory ascends to You
in hallowed flame."
- David Karchere | Your Presence
"To seek Your wisdom, and the sunlit embrace of Your love. Upon Your holy mountain, I will rest my soul, always held in the vastness of Your spirit."
- David Karchere | Upon Your Holy Mountain
"Love, in all its glory
reveals itself to the
and thankful heart."
- David Karchere | Love in All Its Glory
So much from God
That I can no longer
A Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim,
A Buddhist, a Jew."
- Hafiz | I Have Learned So Much
"The Supreme undivided, complete in himself,
Embracing past and present,
Dwells in Man.
Within Him I shall find myself –
The ‘I’ that reaches everywhere."
- Rabindranath Tagore | I Wonder if I Know Him